Saturday, March 26, 2011

GEVRIL 2 MEN'S ANA SPACE CHRONOGRAPH

I own a GV2 Ana Space "Chronotimer." The watch is very good looking, if you like large men's watches, which I do. The digital display suffers a bit from poor legibility, particularly with the back light off. The back light stays on for only a very short time. The glass is first class in terms of scratch resistance. I have owned the watch for one and half years and still have no scratch. In general, the materials used in making the watch appear to be of very good quality.
Reliability is another issue, however. On my watch the letter 2 in the twelve 'clock position fell off a short time after a bought the watch. The repair, which as under warranty, cost me about $50 when shipping and a mandatory minimum charge are included, and I had to wait a long time before the watch was returned. While the figure 2 was attached where it belonged, in the process of repairing, the number has suffered a few scratches, which are visible only very close up, but which do not instill great confidence in the quality of the support staff of this brand. By the way, there were also slight scuff marks on the back where the watch had been opened for the repair.

A bit more than a week ago, the analogue display stopped working completely. The battery is just over a month old and is good; I checked it. The digital display is still working. I will have to send the watch back to the U.S. representative, which I will do. I hope that the repairs will not take as long as last time and will be carried out with more care. In the meantime, I bought a cheap but nice looking Seiko Solar watch and I am happy with it.

2 comments:

  1. I want to follow up on my earlier comment on my GV2 Anadigit watch. Gevril's representative repaired the watch and I am back to wearing it. I still like to features and look of the watch, but based on my experiences I would not buy it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is another update on my experience with the GV2 Anadigit watch. Unfortunately, the watch is broken, once again, but this time it is no longer under warranty. Since I have had nothing but bad luck I will not have it repaired; I do not think it is worth the money. To summarize, I will never buy a Gevril watch again if the price is above $50 because of my concerns with their quality. This is really too bad, because I like several of this brand's designs.

    ReplyDelete