Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tag Heuer Curve Sunglasses

Last year ago a purchases a pair of Tag Heuer sunglasses from the company's Curve line. A year and a couple of weeks later, the right arm of the glasses broke off. Searching for repair information I learned that I am not the only one having this problem. The company does not repair more than one year after the purchase and the repair cost, according to a Tag Heuer dealer, is about one-third of the manufacturer's recommended price, which for these models is usually about $500. This is just not an acceptable performance of a supposedly high-quality product and I therefore want to warn other consumers before they waste there money as I did.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same experience this year. The problem is that the lenses are also wasted. The dealer said they can't do much about it. Everyone should be alarmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick follow-up on my Tag Heuer sunglasses. One of the brand's dealers in Pittsburgh, Eyetique in Squirrel Hill, was very helpful and provided outstanding assistance and service in getting the glasses replaced. When I later broke one of the lenses, Eyetique repaired them very promptly and for a reasonable cost. I am particularly impressed and appreciative because I did not buy the glasses from this store.

    ReplyDelete